
The Eddie is a one day, big wave surf event in honor of Eddie Aikau big wave surfer & north shore lifeguard.
It only happens when the waves are big enough... the last time it was held was 2004.
Well today they were HUGE, like this one ...

And the Eddie did go.
So, Jordan and Natalie skipped school to attend.
Many others on the beach also skipped class and/or called in sick to work.
Check out the crowds.


I swear all of Oahu was at Waimea Bay.
We had to park at Pipeline and walk down.
We watched for a few hours & had a great time.



(check out pictures of the surfers here)
On the way back to Laie we grabbed some food at Ted's Bakery (yummm...)

Ps. day #2 of unemployment, was even better than day #1.
3 comments:
We heard about the monster waves and I was hoping you would post pictures. I am insanely jealous of your day, including but not limited to a stop at Ted's Bakery. I would say Mahalo but I'm too jealous.
How fun...and I'm so excited that you get to enjoy (=no work) Hawaii :)
I wish Ashley would go "to school" instead of the beach.
Post a Comment