Monday, February 21, 2011

See Ya Later Alligator

Today I sold a piece of my soul ...
A little dramatic but ...
Its kind of pathetic how attached to my projects I get but for some reason I can't help it.
I always justified keeping this sofa because what it lacked in sturdiness, it made up for with style.
And I loved working on it with my daddy last October.
We enjoyed the sofa for over a year but ... it was time for her to go.

She was just too old and fragile.
I would have a heart attack every time Jordan would sit on it and I'd hear a creak.
So I decided it was time to sell before it fell apart.

And we have limited room ... as you can tell from the picture
Yes we are currently storing strollers, bicycles, and other misc. goods in our living room

Plus I made a nice little profit and made some room for the next project!

2 comments:

-tracy said...

it's so hard to part with things you've sinked your time and energy into. you're brave. :)
excited to see what you replace her with.

Lindsay Rondo said...

awww this couch is so cute! I'm even sad to see it go and it's not even mine. And you did such a nice job on it! Can't wait to see the rocking chair. In the first few months, I always wished I had a rocking chair to feed my baby in so that's awesome that you'll have one. You look great and I can't believe you are having your baby so soon!