Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

It has already proven to be much harder to blog this time around, but I am determined to keep it up otherwise poor Luca will have no documentation of his babyhood & Milo won't have anything past 2 years old! I am not a good journal-er so I must do better... consider it a new years resolution! On to the post ...

We celebrated Thanksgiving 4 days after Luca was born, and we had a houseful of people to celebrate with. Before Luca was born we tried to plan for when the perfect time for my Mom to come down and help would be and its kind of hard to plan for something like a birth, which you have almost no control over. Since my Mom is a teacher and had the whole week of Thanksgiving off that's when my parents decided to head down, we just hoped that Luca would make his debut while they were here. They arrived in LA on Saturday the 23rd, we kept things pretty low key that day. They rested from their drive, played with Milo, went to the grocery store, made dinner. The next morning I started having contractions and then I had Luca that very next day after they arrived. Perfect Timing! Before I had Luca I had agreed to let my sister, Natalie and her husband, Edward came over for the Holiday. It was probably a little stupid of me to do, the week you deliver a baby is a little hectic of a time to have people stay at your house, but we made due and my Mom was really the one who did all of the hosting. We had fun eating, playing games, and I even got a little black Friday shopping in. We sure are thankful for our family & especially these sweet boys this year!

No comments: