Thursday, February 26, 2009

MTV Cribs: Part 2

So as you know (from this blog entry) we have a very quaint apartment. So we have been trying to do some home improvements on our very limited budget (and we aren't allowed to paint) So... Here is what I have came up with: 
Potterybarn has this cool picture wall posted on their site and there are lots of other picture walls in the blog world ... but I can't afford 15 Potterybarn picture frames So.... Jordan got a TON of wooden picture frames for free from his work. Some frames had glass & mats and some had neither. So I painted them all a bunch of random bright colors (I figured we are in Hawaii so we might has well have a fun, bright home) and we now have our own brighter version of the pb picture wall. 

I also painted some of the frames black and hung them on a separate wall...
Project 2: The library at school gives away its rejected books, every once and awhile ... so Jordan picked up some of the fun, colorful ones and we were able to use them to fill an empty shelf in our entertainment stand. 
If you notice the last book on the right side is actually a bookend! I hacksawed through the book and hot-glued it back together.... It took A LONG time for me to saw through the entire book. 

I also ripped some of the pages out of a couple of the books and modge-podged them on to a mat. 
AND ... I finally did this project I blogged about earlier.
Now our small, white, cinderblock apartment has some color on the walls. More projects are coming! My mother in law sent me some awesome magazines with great ideas in them ... I just got to find the time! If you know of any cool, fun, cheap projects send them my way! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megs! You've got such a wonderful creative streak! It seems like you have an eye for "whimsy"--- I would highly recommend checking out www.anthropologie.com. That's where I get all my whimsical inspiration. =) (If only they weren't so expensive!)

Meagan said...

I know I LOVE anthropologie. You probably already know this, but there is one in downtown Boise!

Jason said...

yup! i love going and looking...even if it's just to get some new style ideas.